Friday, February 12, 2010

HCAP DAY 6

THE END of the conference.
The service project was canceled, expected, to be frank. Every one was so exhausted after the Prom. And I'm not particularly disappointed, and was really greatful that I finally get to spend some quality time with my host Sorina.

We shared common views on certain world issues which I shall not bore you with the details, more important, we both study Japanese and love Jap culture. Hence we decide to head off to the Jap stall one station away from Harvard.

The Japanese collection in the stall is even more than those in Singapore. I was very happy and ended up buying more than expected. We bought some Japanese snacks and decided to have a girls' movie night before I fly off.

On the way back to Harvard Square, we met up with Xiang, a usp senior and a phd to be grad student @ MIT. Like some of the USP seniors I've talked to, he seemed to be especially cynical about the world and life in general, and he called it "critical". I am not surprised, thinking that I might end up like them one day in the near future.

After the final dinner we had the closing ceremony. It was not very pleasant to know that every one remember HCAP harvard leg to be a party conference, which sadly, might be the only truth of this conference.

I enjoyed the cultural performance and couldn't wait to fly back to Singapore, to catch up with all the work I have and go back to the sunny happy island. YEAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment